Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Living in the Moment




It was an absolutely gorgeous day so the girls and I decided to go to the zoo. We packed a picnic lunch and off we headed. We were one of maybe five other families there at the zoo so it felt like we had the zoo all to ourselves. We had so much fun just enjoying God's creation...picking up colored leaves, playing at the playground, feeding the goats. It was one of those perfect days where I just savored each moment together, so thankful to be Josie and Jena's mom. During those hours I could honestly say that there was no where else on earth I would've rather been than there, enjoying the company of my daughters!

2 comments:

villagegirl said...

That is just so wonderful! It is exactly those moments that make parenting so great. It's these little snippets of time that I like to stash away in my memory for days that I want to tear my hair out. :)
Such cutie pies they are!

Anonymous said...

Smiling sisters enjoying the sunshine - that sun must be in Saskatchewan! We have lots of fun memories from that zoo - are the 'white' tigers still living there? Josie and Jena look so sweet and happy! Glad you could have such a special day together!