- Can I bring my dolls?
- Can I live with Mommy and Daddy?
- Can I have a princess room?
- Will Jesus' friends from the Bible be there?
- Can I bring my Tinker Bell pajamas?
- When will the angels come?
- When will Jesus come? How?
- How will we get to heaven?
- Can I just stay here so I can get married, have babies, and have my own house?
We weren't trained in Bible school to address these tough topics in a way that is comprehendable to a preschooler =)
In the past few weeks going to bed has been quite "tramatic" because these questions have been raised and significantly discussed. This week started by the trama of not wanting to go to bed because of the fear that Jesus might come. One night it was decided to just stay here on earth because there would be lots of other people here to be friends with (the ones who don't believe in Jesus and so won't go to heaven). Ohhhh....and the other night it was decided that going to heaven wasn't such a bad thing after all...especially if living with mommy and daddy was possible and that the dolls could come with.
I wonder what tomorrow night will bring?
2 comments:
We've had lots of similar questions from Micah lately. It's hard to know how to answer him but I know when I grew up I didn't like the thought of Heaven. It just seemed like a place that I would like very much. And so I'm trying to help Micah understand that it will be an amazing place - Jesus will have WAY better toys (and dolls) than the ones we have here :)
Sounds similar to the questions and conversations that Caleb's had with us. Sometimes it's cute, sometimes it's very thought provoking and other times I'm really stumped.
Post a Comment