Monday, February 11, 2008

Where real Canadians live....


Welcome to a taste of Saskatoon winters...our 6' igloo!

This snow pile has accumulated since November by simply keeping the back patio clear of snow.


We thought it would be fun to play in but the last week has proven to be a bit nippy at -30 degrees(windchill to -46 degrees). Maybe when it "warms" up we can enjoy it...we think this next week has potential with -10 degrees being called for :).

We were thinking since the rental market is so hot right now we could rent it out for a mere $200/mth..."cool loft for rent - ideal for student or single person (no utilities included)". Or perhaps this will be our next home once we move from the housesitting arrangement this July??



2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hi Krista
I found your blog through Jamie's. Your girls are so beautiful. Great igloo by the way! So different than B.C. hey? Good times.
Anyway, just thought I would say hi!
~Kirsten~

Jamie said...

What a cute little house! Building snow forts is something I miss from growing up on the prairies :)