Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Race Run Well!



Here I am blogging at midnight...the teens at teen camp this week are having a volleyball tournament, at the volleyball courts that are just outside our trailer's windows, until 1:30 in the morning. I can hear the music starting so I know I probably won't be sleeping for a while...so I might as well catch up on letting you know what's going on in our lives!
On Sunday we just got back from visiting our families and attending R.'s Opa's funeral. He was an amazing man of God. As people shared, it was evident that his love for God, His Word, and prayer were obvious to all he met. He was very kind and I always knew he was praying for our family. I never felt treated any differently than any of the other grandchildren even though I wasn't a grandchild by "blood". As I pondered who he was and how he allowed Jesus to shine through in every aspect of his life, I thought about what I would want people to say about me at my funeral. I want others to see Jesus in me. I desire for my life to point others to a saving relationship with my Lord. In the end, that's all that really matters! I want to run the race well...just as Opa did!
I'm so glad that as children of the King, we will see Opa again in heaven! I'm so thankful that we have this HOPE!

I'm so thankful too, to be a part of two wonderful families!! I love you all and am glad we could spend some time together last week!

PS...I don't have a picture of Opa to put on this post...if any of my wonderful family members does and wants to email it to me, I'll add it on this post! Thanks!





2 comments:

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Hi Krista,
I just found your blog and it looks great. Thanks for the comment on my blog. We sure love having you guys here too! Thanks for all your support and encouragement!

Anonymous said...

It was so good to have you here for a few days! We are looking forward to your next trip in September. It's great to see Josie & Jena having fun with their cousins. Opa was truly a great man, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. We all miss him so much. Yes, he was a great example for each one of us.
TTYS