Sunday, May 31, 2009

Where did May go?

It's been a while since I have posted anything...I guess cuz it has been a busy month. Busy but good! Rob & I have started our new positions here at camp and love it! My role here consists of cooking for the Advance Team (preparing lunches and suppers Monday-Friday for 20 or more people) and watching the one year old daughter of the secretary in the afternoons! The cooking has been a fun challenge and although I was a little nervous about it in the beginning, the Advance Team has been very gracious about eating what I make and I have actually really enjoyed trying out new recipes and baking as much as I want! (I love baking but usually limit myself because I don't want me and my family to get "fat"...but now I can bake and I'll get to try a piece and then it'll be all gone...so no worries about overdosing on sweets, and I can still enjoy what I love doing...baking!!) The afternoons have been fun as the girls take their responsibility of helping me babysit, very seriously! I'm so thankful that we can serve God as a family here at camp...we each have our role! I am so thankful for the staff here who are investing in our girls lives and I can see Josie and Jena's confidence levels growing as they have those positive interactions with other "Jesus loving" adults! I am glad they can have such positive Christian role models in their lives. I was really hit lately with the fact that God really does know what we need even better than what we think is best for our lives. He has provided us with opportunities here at camp that are better than we could've ever asked or imagined! To Him be ther glory!!

Here are some random pictures of the last month...

At the Redberry Run:




Helping the Advance Team with dishes:



Pictures from a budding photographer:




Riding bareback:




At Uncle Bernie and Auntie Cheryl's 25th Anniversary where everyone wore 80's clothes:




Also at the anniversary...Julia wearing her mom's wedding dress and Josie wearing the flowergirl dress I wore at the wedding!



Jena and our "beloved pet" Rosco:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we praise God that you've each found your place there and it looks like May was such a fun month (I love the 80's!!). Thanks for posting. I love reading what your family is up to and being encouraged by God's working in your lives!