This past week we went on our first "official" camping trip as a family. We had so much fun and I enjoyed reliving all my great childhood camping memories through our girls! It was so wonderful to watch them exploring and and enjoying God's creation and seeing the excitement they had doing all those fun "camping things"...picking berries, finding "secret paths" through the bush, playing on the beach, eating outside, roasting weiners, eating "special snacks" (gotta have special treats when you go camping) walking down the road in pajamas, toothbrushes in hand to the washrooms, enjoying friends...and their dog!!! We just took the trailer that we've been staying in at camp so we didn't even have to do a lot of work packing because everything was already in our trailer. It was so cute, in the middle of the night, Jena woke up and had to go to the bathroom, I led her to the bathroom in our trailer (which we don't have hooked up at camp, but did at the campsite) and she said, "no, I want to go in the other bathroom" (I thought, are you serious? You want to go to the bathrooms that are twelve campsites down from ours, in the middle of the night). When I inquired as to which other bathroom she meant, she said, "the one in the dining hall" (where we usually make our middle of the night bathroom trips when we're at camp). She thought we were back at camp...easy mistake to make when you're sleeping in the same trailer both places!
A really fun highlight for all of us was going in the boat and trying our hand at fishing! We didn't catch anything, but we still had lots of fun! The girls especially loved being able to "drive" the boat!
4 comments:
Looks like you had lots of fun camping!
Reminded us of our camping days.
Love you and miss you!
Oh my goodness, your girls are getting so BIG!!! Time sure does fly.
camping definitely brings back wonderful younger year memories.....I can't wait to take the kids camping, but it'll probably be in a few years (we're not brave enough to go camping with 3 kids yet).
So glad you were able to spend some quality family time together!! Looking forward to spending some quality time together with you guys in BC!!
Post a Comment