Monday, October 6, 2008

Ten Years



This weekend the girls and I surprised Rob with a special "fancy" dinner (I got dressed up and so the girls wanted to get dressed up too and wear some of my necklaces and perfume...I love having girls...it's so fun!) We were celebrating that on this weekend 10 years ago, Rob & I met for the first time. It's hard to believe it's been a whole decade since then. God has sure brought us on an exciting journey since that time. There have been mountaintop experiences and also times in the valley, but God has walked with us through them all. He is so faithful! I am so thankful for Rob and for the miracles that God is doing (espcially in the last three months) in our lives as individuals and in our family and marriage. Who knew back in 1998 where we'd be in 2008? Living at a Bible camp in Saskatchewan, with two beautiful girls!

We are not wealthy by the standards of the world...but God has blessed us richly. He has revealed himself to us as a faithful and loving God, Friend, Redeemer and Provider. He has shown us how "the simple life" has many hidden treasures that no amount of money can buy.

We are not famous...but we are known intimately by our Heavenly Father.

We have no permanent address to call our own...but in this, God has reminded us that this world is not our home anyways...our permanent address is with Him in heaven. And He has given us a wonderful family and I have realized that it is with Rob & the girls that my home is...wherever the location may be.

I am thankful for these past ten years. I am thankful for the things God has taught me about being a wife and mother. I am thankful that He has walked beside us as we've strugged and experienced pain. I am thankful that God has looked upon us graciously and has turned our sorrows into joy!
I am thankful for a husband who loves God & desires to serve Him, who loves me and our girls and would do anything for us, who is commited, faithful, makes me laugh, allows me to be me, encourages me to use the gifts God has given me, can fix ANYTHING and does even before I can ever mention it a second time, who sometimes lets me win at Blokus and Ticket to Ride, helps me pick good players for my hockey team in our hockey pool, likes to drive (even all the way to BC) so that I can be the passenger which I prefer, who is creative, funny, makes our girls laugh hysterically, has a huge servant heart, and really cares about others.
I love you Rob!




I haven't blogged for a while, so here are some pictures of the last two weeks...our last couple days in BC, our trip back, and fun back at camp!

Matching nighties for sisters and dolls made by Grandma...



At Abbie's pool...




Josie sure loves her cousin Caleb...



Burning some energy at a rest stop...





Back at camp playing "Guess Who" on the covered part of the playground...



Watching the sunset on the beach as a family...




We love it here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blog - thanks for sharing Krista - God is taking such good care of you!

Carolyn said...

Hey, so you guys are still at the camp? For how much longer? We stopped at that same rest stop, isn't it great and so beautiful. I'm glad you guys had a good trip to BC and back and would love to get together with you soon. I've been thinking about you guys lots, wondering what is going on with your lives.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Happy 10 years! So glad to have you here.

villagegirl said...

What gorgeous pictures! Josie looks SO beautiful in that sunset picture.
Krista, you have such a beautiful heart. I am always so blessed when I read the words you share with us. You are the true picture of a child of God. You are all the qualities that he desires. I feel like I am a better person just because I know you.
Thank you for always sharing with us! I love you!

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful picture of the two of you. You look so relaxed there. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.