Last week we went to get the girls' eyes checked and found out that Jena needed glasses. He left eye can see almost perfectly, but her right eye needs a lot of perscripion. The doctor said we probably didn't notice any problem with her sight because she has been just relying on her left eye to see everything. She said it was good we brought her in so they could catch it early so hopefully she can avoid having to wear a patch to strengthen her right eye. With the glasses, her right eye should become strengthened enough to work together with her left. It made my thankful that we live in a country where there is the technology and provisions to detect and correct eyesight problems. The girls were really great getting their eyes checked although when Joselyn found out that Jena got to get glasses, she was quite jealous and started to cry...after a little debriefing, she calmed down and took her big sister role very seriously in helping pick out the perfect pair of frames for Jena. Jena was so cute posing in front of the mirror with different frames and she definitely had her opinion on which ones she liked, which thankfully were the ones we liked too! So we ordered them and on the way home she couldn't understand why she didn't have her glasses. We explained that they had to make them and we'd get them in a few days. She replied saying, "but I can't wait that wong". In the following days, she would periodically tell us, "I can't see really well...I need glasses." Funny that she didn't know she couldn't see really well, until we went to the eye doctor.
For fun I decided to "test" her by holding up different amounts of fingers and asking her how many fingers I was holding up. She told me correctly quite a few times and then all of the sudden she got a smirk on her face and after hesitating a little bit, smiled and said the wrong amount, followed by..."see, I need glasses." What a little monkey, she's always making us laugh!
Finally yesterday we picked up her glasses. She was so excited and even got a pretty pink case to put them in. On our way to the van, she started running along the sidewalk to catch up to Josie and probably becacuse she wasn't used to her new glasses, totally bailed, resulting in two bloody knees...which she refused to let me put bandaids on because "they hurt when you take them off". So everytime she looked down at her knees, she started crying again. Then Joselyn started crying because she didn't want Jena to cry...it was a "fun" ride home! :)
Jena's been really good at keeping them on all day (I was worried she'd have a hard time getting used to them, but I guess if they make you see everything better, that's a good motivation for keeping them on).
I think she's the cutest little girl I've ever seen wearing glasses!
1 comment:
She is SO very cute with her glasses! I'd say if she needs them, now's about the right time to get them. She'll know no different when she's older and they will probably never be a big deal.
Post a Comment