We had a birthday party for her on Sunday with some friends and family and R. & I decided to do something special for her...since being the second girl, she sometimes lives under the shadow of her big sister...so we rented a bouncy carousel for her and the other kids at her party to play in. I kept the girls inside while they set up the carousel in the backyard before the party and then we watched their reactions with great joy! It made me wonder if that is how God feels when he gives us good gifts...if he waits with great excitement to give them to us and see our reaction! Then I realized that sometimes I take those good gifts for granted or feel like I don't deserve them when all he wants us to do is enjoy them! As you can see, we were very excited to see their reaction so we videoed it so you could see it too...
Jena really wanted a Strawberry Shortcake cake and thanks to a friend of mine who lent me all her cake decorating stuff, and to R. who thought of the layout, I came up with this (okay, Strawberry Shortcake is a little big compared to the mountains in the background, but we'll just pretend they are FAR away, thus the reason they look so small)...
Jena was so excited about this pink umbrella she got as a gift...it was the first one she opened and she tried holding it as she opened all the other presents. She wanted to sleep with it that evening and keeps checking to see if it's raining outside so she can use her umbrella. She told me that it might rain at camp so she needs to bring her umbrella there!
We love you so much, sweet birthday girl! We pray that God will bless you with another wonderful year as you grow in knowledge and relationship with Him!!
4 comments:
AMAZING! What a spectacular birthday party including an amazing cake! Thanks for allowing us to share in the excitement through this post!
Happy Birthday Jena - we love you!
Wow, I'm sure that is a birthday she won't soon forget!
Happy Birthday Jena!
We miss you!
Looks like a wonderful day spent celebrating.
btw...the cake looks SO great!
Sweet birthday girl, we love you!
No, I think the mountains look so small because they are Saskatchewan mountains! .....How soon you forget! :-)
I'll bet it was yummy, though.
Jena certainly is the life of the party in your house! Looks like she had a wonderful party - so much fun.
Love you, Jena.
Post a Comment