Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Big Cook




Last week I got together with my aunt and sister in law to do "The Big Cook"! We had gone to a ladies conference and were introduced to the idea of setting aside a day to make a whole bunch of meals to stick in the freezer so you always have healthy ready made suppers at your fingertips to throw into the crockpot or oven. We were quite excited about this idea since making suppers can be a stressful time (especially with little kids who seem to need you right around that time). So we decided to try it. My aunt was so kind to do the big (and I do mean big) grocery shop and got some wonderful deals for us. We did some prep the night before and then got together for 6-7 hours the next day and once the meals were all divided up I came home with 50 meals...for under $200!! What a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day...and we had so much fun cooking together too!

4 comments:

matt&ruth said...

I'm SO glad that it went well :) I can't wait to join in the fun next time!

Anonymous said...

What an incredible project - you all are so amazing. It would have been fun to join you!

villagegirl said...

Wow! That is brilliant! I must confess that dinner time is usually my least favourite time of day. That would make a huge difference in stress levels!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog today so I'm catching up on my reading!
What a GREAT idea! I'll have to get the deatils from you sometime and try it myself!
Katrina