Sunday, March 23, 2008

Broken Eggs


This is what Easter Eggs look like when they are dropped and stepped on. Yesterday we went to our friends' place for an Easter dinner...the festivities included coloring eggs, which the girls loved doing. When it was time to go home, they each carried their eggs proudly in a plastic bag. We stopped at the elevator and Josie accidently dropped her bag...we could hear the sound of egg shells breaking, then Jena moved to press the button for the elevator and unknowingly stepped on Josie's bag before Josie could pick it up...ooops!! Josie was very concerned about her eggs and wanted to see them. Rob wisely said we'd look at them at home...but he and I peeked at them in the elevator...and I have a horrible confession to make...I had to turn around I was laughing so hard (the whole egg crunching incident seemed like a scene from a movie)...the options were for me to either laugh or cry, and somehow laughing seemed to be the best option since I knew there would already be a lot of crying. We got home and Rob worked his magic and the next thing I knew, Josie told me proudly that she was going to eat her eggs for breakfast! Another wonderful "Daddy saves the day" moment!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great story - watching a movie play out in real life! Krista, where did you learn to laugh in the midst of a crisis? :)
Well done Rob - monitoring the emotions of all the women in your life!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Rob. That's what I call "Preemptive Meltdown Avoidance" (PMA) Did you take a class for that?
And I'll bet those eggs tasted just as good as if they had stayed whole!

jupo said...

Hahaha! Oh dear! I think I would have laughed too.
By the way, I love the dancing video!