As a parent I have a new understanding of this verse. I delight in my children. I think they are the BEST!! I love to spend time with them and watch them grow and develop in their own unique personalities. I love spending time with them and tonight I thoroughly enjoyed going on a date with Jena. We went to Tim Hortons (her favorite) and she chose the chocolate Timbits (of course...she's a chocolate lover...a girl after her mother's heart!) We sat and chatted and as I listened and gazed into her big blue eyes, I thought...I'm the luckiest person in the world to be this little girl's mom. There's no where else on earth that I'd rather be in this moment! I totally delight in my girls. And as a human parent, if my heart bursts with love and admiration for my children, I can only imagine how much God delights in us. As we spend time with Him how He thinks, "wow, there's no where else on earth I'd rather be than with YOU as you share your heart with me!"
I'm so thankful for the preivelge of being a mom...I never learned so much about God until these precious little girls took over my heart!


3 comments:
You are a wonderful mother to your girls Krista ...and what wonderful memories from our times in the park! We pray God will continue to bless you with joy!
I love your thoughts...how true! I never truly understood God's love for me until I had Abbie, and then it took on a whole new meaning :) I love how God speaks to us through our children!
You always have such a wonderful way of bring scripture to life. You have such a beautiful heart. I loved reading this post it makes me realize I need to 'delight' in my children a little more and worry less about the mess and clutter and stuff that so easily fills up our lives. Thank you!
Post a Comment