Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring is Here...



Spring has finally arrived...which means it's time to break out the shorts and flip flops (okay it's only a few degrees above zero, but it sure feels warm). We are starting to see people emerge to play basketball...and make snowmen since the snow is finally wet enough to pack together becaue it's starting to melt. The fun thing about spring here is that there are lots of muddy puddles...which the girls of course had so much fun jumping in. Okay, Joselyn had a little more fun than Jena as Jena doesn't really like getting dirty. And I think she was a little traumatized when we were walking throught the grocery store parking lot and she lost a boot and took a few muddy steps with just her sock (we quickly put her boot back on before she could notice that her sock was caked in mud, but I think just looking back and seeing her pink "rubber duck boot" about to be run over sent her into melt down mode.) It all worked out okay and I think she has since recovered from the incident. By the way, her boots don't have rubber ducks on them, they are actually cute pink polka dot ones from Grandpa & Grandma, but somehow in her mind she combined "rubber ducks" and "rubber boots" together to be "rubber duck boots". I don't correct her though cuz it sounds so cute!

3 comments:

matt&ruth said...

LOVE the rubber duck boots - so cute :) That is so funny about Jena's "incident". Funny how kids can be so different...I know if that happened to Abbie, she would just want to take off the OTHER boot and jump in the mud to make sure that BOTH socks got nice and dirty! Must be kind of nice to have a little one who likes to stay clean :)

Anonymous said...

Everyone should have rubber duck boots...what a funny story! I LOVE spring in Saskatchewan!

Anonymous said...

Rubber duck boots are definately a 'must have' for Saskatchewan springs! Prairie folk get real excited when they see patches of lawn through the snow. At least you won't have to cut it just yet (unlike ours). This is what got me excited last week as I was driving around Vancouver. (sorry - couldn't resist)
Love the snowman family, but that 'mommy' snowman seems a little off?! :-)
Love the blog and sure miss you guys.